The TechTalent InitiativeTurning Great Ideas and Innovations into Business Opportunities
The purpose of TechTalent is to bridge the gap between research findings, innovation, and commercialization. TechTalent will provide would-be innovators with training, coaching, and networking to bring their ideas, prototypes, and technologies to markets to create new opportunities for entrepreneurship and employment for Tanzanian youth. TechTalent is designed to address the need to stimulate ideas, encourage entrepreneurship, and support youth in their efforts to pursue agribusiness opportunities that not only provide jobs and stimulate the economy, but also improve food security and nutrition in the region and beyond.
The TechTalent initiative will provide students and would-be innovators with:
- A space to create and test their ideas, prototypes, and solutions
- Access to an intellectual property database to ensure the unique value add of their innovation
- Seminars, workshops, and site visits to engage with successful agribusiness leaders and entrepreneurs
- Business development, marketing, and guidance on commercialization and conceptualization of their proposed solution
- Linkages with potential manufacturers, small and medium enterprises, and distributors to get their idea off the ground.
Through TechTalent, iAGRI and its partners will work to ensure that young, talented innovators are supported from start to finish. The initiative aims to enable young innovators so that their ideas and products reach consumers and markets rather than stalling at the research or design stage of the innovation process.
To sign up to attend the event or to express interest in exhibiting, access the sign-up form here. For more information about the TechTalent Initiative, contact Dr. Maria Mullei, Innovation Portfolio Manager at email@example.com.